Medical Acupuncture Level 2
- About & Content
This two day workshop is open to Sports Therapists, Health Professionals or Advanced Level Manual Therapists at Level 5 or above, who have prior certification and experience in Medical Acupuncture, and wish to advance their knowledge and skill level in this area. On this 2-day intensive course you will learn the art of Cun or ‘body relative measurement’ for precise location of traditional acupuncture points and you will learn to locate and needle over 30 of the most effective acupuncture points for the treatment of pain conditions. You will also learn 11 tried and tested protocols for the treatment of the most common neurological and psychosomatic conditions seen in clinical settings. Finally, you will learn basic Cupping Therapy for use in combination for Medical Acupuncture treatments.
- An understanding of acupuncture as a reflex for extra segmental analgesia
- The use of Cun ‘Body-Relative Measurement
- The safe application of abdominal acupuncture
- 31 precise Traditional and some lesser known acupuncture points
- Astoundingly effective protocols for Disc Herniation (Lumbar & Cervical), Femoral Nerve Pain, Sciatica (2 types), Trigeminal Neuralgia, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, IBS Pain, Costochondritis, Headaches & Migraine (3 types), Arthritis Pain and for the calming of anxious clients
- The history of cupping therapy
- The safe application of cupping therapy
- Integration of cupping with other modalities
Learning to use this form of acupuncture will give you the tools required to effectively treat a range of pain conditions that other therapies cannot touch, and often in a surprisingly short period of time.
About the Tutor
Alexander Boylan BSc (Hons) TCM Acu
Alexander has an honours degree in Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture from Salford University and is a member of the British Acupuncture Council. He has been practicing as a professional acupuncturist since 2005 and runs a busy clinic in Manchester city centre, working with professional, Olympic & Commonwealth athletes and members of the public. His pursuit of clinical excellence has taken him to further his education with some of the best tutors the UK and the United States have to offer, including studying Classical Acupuncture with Master Jeffrey Yuen and the highly effective Tung Style Acupuncture with Dr. Henry McCann.
A truly integrated therapist, Alexander is trained and experienced in using Myofascial Release, Neuro-muscular therapy, Acupuncture, Deep-tissue Massage, Be Activated movement therapy, NLP and Strategic Intervention. He specialises in working with musculo-skeletal pain & dysfunction, neurological pain, and uses his unique blend of skills to help his clients overcome both acute and chronic long-standing conditions.
Alexander’s energy, enthusiasm and commitment to giving his clients the best possible service has built a reputation as a Therapist which is second to none, and now he is both delighted and excited to be bringing all these attributes to teaching and sharing his knowledge with the students of Active Health Groups.
- Cost, Date & CPD Credits