Sports Injury Series: Rugby
Rugby demands the running and endurance of soccer combined with the contact and tackling that is similar to American football. With running there is the potential for overuse injuries like tendinitis and bursitis. More common, however are traumatic injuries sustained during collisions with other players and/or the ground during scrumming, rucking, and tackling.
On this workshop you will learn about the most common rugby injuries and pathologies and some of the best proven ways to deal with them.
Most common injuries and pathologies:
- Sprained ankle – Ligament problems | ATFL – PTFL | CFL | Deltoid ligament
- Knee injuries – Ligament problems | ACL-PCL | MCL – LCL | Meniscus tears
- Hip injuries – Labrum problems | Hip ligaments
- Shoulder injuries – Ligament problems | Rotator cuff injuries
- Review of injury
- Joint Assessment
- Proprioception Assessment
- Soft Tissue & Neuropathy Treatment
- Specific to sport REHAB & Exercise Therapy
- Kinesiology Taping
- Cost, Date & CPD Credits
To book, please click on the required date below (it will take you to our booking site).
For dates about this course, please call us on 0161 235 5307 / 07449178832 or use the online contact form.